Resolve your problems
with Phone Counseling or Tele-Counseling
Call to schedule a free informational session 415.312.0744
- Free Consultation
- Discuss Your Concerns or Goals
- Ask Any Questions
- Licensed Therapist
Phone Counseling with Diane Hough, MFT (licensed over 24years)
I specialize in showing individuals like you how to reach their full potential. I can help you go from feeling stuck in various areas of your life to achieving some peace in knowing that there is hope and a solution to your problems.
Real transformation is possible using Phone Counseling. I offer phone counseling and Skype/Video sessions as well. Some people prefer the anonymity of the phone, whereas others prefer the face-to-face contact. Whatever you prefer is right for you. Research has shown that more people were more satisfied with phone counseling rather than face-to-face counseling. Other studies showed that phone counseling increased mood and helped with job stress. And some studies showed that people with depression were less likely to drop out of telephone therapy and consistently showed improved mood. One advantage of phone therapy is that scheduling can be more flexible, you can schedule shorter or longer sessions to fit your needs.
I believe that human beings are incredibly resilient and are capable of recovering from any challenge. I have worked with hundreds people suffering from anxiety, depression, relationship problems, and countless other situations. Through this process I have come to understand that people can not only change, but they can use any experience to become stronger. Making deep changes is a process and is different for everyone. Some people just need to a little extra support, and others benefit from learning new tools and skills that are specific to their challenge they’re facing.
Some advantages to Phone or Skype counseling
- Privacy – You can have a phone counseling session from the privacy of your home, office or car.
- Ease – It can require a lot of courage to begin counseling. It can be less scary to do so over the phone for many people.
- Anonymity – It can be easier to feel safe and open up to a counselor over the phone.
- Flexibility – Sessions can be more flexible regarding the time you schedule. You can schedule ½ hour or 1 hour sessions.
- Convenience and accessibility – You don’t have to drive to an office, saving time, gas and stress.
- Research suggests it is just as effective – Several studies have come out looking at different forms of phone counseling and many therapists are publishing their experiences. From all of this research, it seems that therapy over the telephone can be just as effective as being in person.
I can help with the following kind of issues, Divorce, anxiety or Panic, Addiction or Recovery, Gay and Lesbian Issues, Grief or Loss, HIV or Aids, Other Health Concerns, Marriage or Relationship Issues, Financial Concerns, Stress Management, Parenting Issues, Self Esteem, Spirituality Issues, improving communication, trauma/PTSD, Women’s issues.
Reasons to Use Online Phone or Skype Counseling
- You have a very busy schedule and have difficulty making time for a face-to-face appointment.
- You have privacy concerns and are uncomfortable that someone might see you at a therapist’s office.
- You want access to a therapeutic medium (such as email counseling) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You are disabled, and making the trip to a therapy office is limiting your ability to get counseling services.
- You feel you would have a greater degree of privacy and safety by engaging with a therapist from the comfort of your own home or office.
- You want to have the option of a single session or an ongoing therapeutic relationship.
- You live in an area where there are few or no therapists available to address your particular concern.
- You are concerned that talking about your issues face to face could be embarrassing or intimidating.